The Personal Assistant to the Director position provides overall administrative support to the Director and the Directorate. The post is located in the office of the Director of the Division of Communications and Strategic Partnerships (DCS) and reports directly to the Director.
Do you have experience with:
• Managing communication flows, written, verbal and electronic;
• Reviewing incoming correspondence, assigning and channeling correspondences;
• Reviewing, editing and ensure conformity to the Fund’s guidelines and procedures, for all correspondence under the name of the Director;
• Undertaking logistical administrative, and financial arrangements for technical meetings, workshops, and roundtables organized by the Directorate;
• Managing administrative files at Division level on mission travel, mission reports, leave; and coordinating the preparation and updating of Division’s travel plans;
• Preparing travel authorizations and make travel arrangements for the Director and the directorate;
• Managing Division Director’s calendar and schedule of appointments and that of other staffs in the division Directorate; receiving high-level visitors; and, arranging audio and video conferences;
• Maintaining an office filing system, a follow-up system, and electronic mailing lists;
• Assisting in preparing and processing necessary documents for the recruitment of Individual Consultants.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Completion of secondary school education;
• 6 years previous experience in office administration;
• Previous experience in the UN an advantage, and knowledge of protocol;
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
• Computer literacy - Demonstrated skills in Word, Excel, Power-point, etc.;
• Good writing and communication skills.
• Languages: Fluency in English is required.
Other Desirable Skills:
Initiative, sound judgment, strong interest in development work, especially the mission of the United Nations Population Fund and dedication to the principles of the United Nations.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.