The Multilateral & Inter-agency Affairs Assistant provides analytical research, administrative and finance support to the Inter-governmental, Inter-agency and Policy Dialogue Branch (IIPDB), Policy and Strategy Division (PSD). The Multilateral & Inter-agency Affairs Assistant will assist in the various work streams related to inter-governmental and inter-agency processes, planning and implementation, including providing support for the overall management and functioning of the Branch and acting as secretary for meetings of the IIPDB teams.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Evidence & Analytical Support
- Provide proofreading and formatting support for documents and presentations;
- Provide periodic updates on Branch work plan implementation;
- Facilitates planning and organizes meetings ensuring information dissemination, agenda preparation, the participation of members, room availability, telecommunication etc.
2. Partnerships & Logistical Support
- Facilitates and manages information exchange between the Branch and counterparts outside the Fund, such as Permanent Missions and UN agencies in New York as well as between the Branch and other business units;
- Reviews, assigns and channels incoming and outgoing correspondence to and through respective team members, including tracking follow-up actions;
- Organizes and provides administrative support to workshops, retreats and meetings for Branch, including all meetings with external partners in support of multilateral and interagency portfolios;
- Maintains and updates contact information and focal points of respective Permanent Missions, civil society Network, UN Secretariat and agencies and other partners in relation to intergovernmental and interagency processes.
3. Administrative and Finance Support
- Monitors and prepares an analysis of budget allocations, expenditures ceilings and general use of funds trends and advise the Branch Chief and team;
- Prepares and clears correspondence under the signature of the Chief; Reviews, edits, and ensures conformity with the Fund's guidelines and procedures, including financial rules and regulations, for all correspondence for the attention of the Branch Chief;
- Assists in the preparation and monitoring of Branch work plan, including entries in institutional ERM platforms and Results Monitoring Systems, such as Strategic Information System(SlS)/MyResults, GPS, etc., Researches and drafts responses to enquiries received by the team;
- Prepares travel authorizations and makes travel arrangements for the Branch;
- Manages and updates all administrative files at Branch level on mission travel, mission reports, leave;
- Conducts procurement activities as required;
- Maintains an office e-filing system, a follow-up system and electronic mailing lists for the unit;
- Carries out any other duties as may be required by the Division or Unit.
Required qualifications and experience:
- Secondary Education required, University degree in administration, management, communication and related fields, desirable;
- Successful completion of the UN Global General Service Test/ASAT
- 5 years of relevant work experience;
- Experience is using Atlas/PeopleSoft is preferred;
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheets, word processing and computerized accounting systems;
- Good writing and communication skills
- Fluency in English is required; Working knowledge of French and any another official UN language is desirable.
Candidates for this position must have a valid G-4 visa or be a USA Citizenship or Permanent Resident. Candidates must pass the UNGGST/ASAT to be appointed to this position.
WARNING TO APPLICANTS: UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you have received a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web. Should you feel that you have received a fraudulent notice, letter or offer that makes use of the name or logo of UNFPA, you may submit a report through the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.