The Technical Specialist, UNFPA Open Data Database post is located in the Population and Development Branch of the Technical Division, HQ. S/He provides technical support to meet the data needs in UNFPA in the areas of population dynamics, adolescents and youth, SRH, family planning, and gender. The incumbent will work with PDB Technical Advisers, under the direct supervision of and report to the Monitoring and Evaluation Adviser. The Technical Specialist works within an integrated, coordinated, and systems strengthening approach which is fundamental to the Division’s and UNFPA’s overall strategy.
- Post-graduate University degree or equivalent in Social Science, Public Health, Statistics, Demography, Sociology or other related discipline. The graduate or post graduate degree must be directly related to the substantive area identified in the title of the post.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 years of experience in data collection, analysis, visualization, dissemination, databases activities and research within an international/resource poor setting
- Strong knowledge of database structures and methodologies, DevInfo knowledge and experience
- Strong competencies in the use of Statistical packages including SPSS and STATA
- Mastery of methods and techniques for data collection, assessment, compilation and analysis of information derived from a variety of sources (DHS, MICS and population census)
- Ability to provide advice and guidance on the analysis, interpretation and application of data from project information
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent report writing and compelling oral presentations
- Familiarity with the UN system desirable
- Fluency in English is required; working knowledge of another UN language desirable.
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, please click "Apply Now" below.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.