The Finance Associate role is located within the Payments team, Accounts Section, Finance Branch of the Division for Management Services (DMS) and will directly report to Chief of the Accounts Section. The Finance Associate will: provide support services to HQ units in the areas of payments, accounting and financial management; support the oversight the payroll process and reconcile payroll interface; support review of regular aging of payables with action taken on old balances; review and reconcile a range of balance sheet accounts.
- Secondary education and successful completion of UN accounting test. Professional accounting qualification from an internationally recognized professional body can be accepted. Candidates with relevant experience who do not possess the formal qualifications will have to sit for a UNFPA written exam. Bachelor's degree in accounting is desirable.
Qualifications and Experience
- 7 years finance-related experience - accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger maintenance, etc. Experience in the application of IPSAS or IFRS would be advantageous.
- Experience of using an ERP system (ideally PeopleSoft) and proficiency in use of Excel.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to organize effectively work under pressure with attention to detail, precision and accuracy;
- Must pass the UN GGST/ASAT exam to be appointed.
- Fluency in English is required; working knowledge of another UN language desirable.
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, please click "Apply Now" below.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.