JOIN A NEW GENERATION OF LEADERSHIP
UNFPA, the United Nations sexual and reproductive health agency, works in partnership with governments, the UN system, communities, NGOs, foundations and the private sector to raise awareness and mobilize the support and resources needed to achieve its mission to deliver a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled in development and humanitarian settings. UNFPA is a field-based and-focused organization, operating in 155 countries and territories, and employs 4,500 personnel globally. UNFPA mobilizes more than $1 billion a year to support programmes that protect the health and rights of women and girls.
The inter-related areas of UNFPA work are sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, gender equality and women’s empowerment, adolescent and youth empowerment, and population data for development. The organization’s work is guided by the 1994 International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD) and its Programme of Action and subsequent reviews, the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action of the Fourth World Conference on Women, and the2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. UNFPA strategic plan focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning and end gender-based violence and harmful practices, all based on a foundation of high-quality population data, which is critical to help end the invisibility of those left furthest behind.
We are hiring
To lead our internal audit and investigations function in an independent, objective and ethical manner, UNFPA is seeking an individual for the Director, Office of Audit and Investigation Services who, through ensuring organization-wide fiduciary oversight services will impact and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of UNFPA’s operations, and in turn make a positive difference in the lives of billions of people.
- Do you have the experience, expertise and passion to lead our Audit and Investigations team in a dynamic, international, rights-based organization?
- Can you work with stakeholders and clients at all levels to provide strategic vision and assurance on governance, risk management and control frameworks?
- Are you a catalyst for change, action and innovation?
If your answer is ‘yes’, UNFPA invites you to apply for the position of:
Director, Office of Audit and Investigation Services (OAIS)
at the D-2 level
To find out more about this position visit https://www.sri-executive.com/offer/?id=9082.
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this position, please forward a copy of your CV and a supporting letter in Microsoft Word format, along with any relevant documentation to UNFPA-OAIS@sri-executive.com on or before 3 January 2022. All information will be held in strictest confidence, as we pride ourselves on our professional and confidential approach. We will revert back, once we have reviewed your application.
The Director, Office of Audit and Investigation Services (OAIS) leads and manages the Office of Audit and Investigation Services (OAIS) in its provision of independent and objective assurance over the design, performance quality and effectiveness of controls in place to manage the key risks impacting the UNFPA’s programs and operations. The Director, Office of Audit and Investigation Services (OAIS)l maintains strong relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders who are important collaborators in UNFPA’s efforts to maintain the highest standards of transparency and accountability.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director, Office of Audit and Investigation Services (OAIS) has the responsibility and accountability to set the tone for the Office of the Audit and Investigations Services’ internal and external interactions by exemplifying values of high ethical standards, integrity, and fairness. S/he manages the Audit and Investigations Services in a professionally competent and responsible manner to achieve the mission set forth in the Charter of the Office of Audit and Investigation Services (available at https://www.unfpa.org/admin-resource/charter-office-audit-and-investigation-services).
S/he must act in the best interests of the UNFPA in all contexts, and is responsible for ensuring this culture prevails amongst employees and contractors that hold positions with the Office of Audit and Investigations Services.
- Advanced university degree in business or public administration, accounting, finance, law or other relevant field;
- The incumbent must hold a professional certification from an internationally recognized auditing or accountancy body;
- The incumbent must be a certified internal auditor by the Institute of Internal Auditors (or equivalent) and have a good knowledge in investigation and evaluation techniques.
Knowledge, and Experience and mandate-related competencies:
- Proven track record (at least 15 years) of progressively responsible with, risk management, professional internal auditing and investigations;
- Track record as senior manager of complex and internationally diverse teams and organizations operating in changing global contexts;
- Demonstrated professional competence and success in advising on and implementing change management and strategic improvements in organizational governance and oversight;
- Excellent judgement with proven ability to deal with complex interrelated issues and strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated high level of diligence, maturity, responsibility, integrity and ethics, objectivity, impartiality and fairness;
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive items in a confidential manner, as well as to establish productive contacts with multiple internal and external stakeholders;
- Sensitivity to issues related to human resources management, cultural diversity, preventing and responding to sexual exploitation, abuse, harassment, and bullying, gender equity, and human rights internally and externally;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Knowledge of other UN official languages, preferably French and/or Spanish, highly desirable
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.