Duration: 4 months
Location: Remote based supporting UNFPA HQ in New York
Position and Scope of Work:
Under the direct supervision of the Multilateral Affairs Adviser and Political and Environmental Scanning Coordinator (IIPDB), the consultant will carry out the following:
- Support the review of existing key issues to monitor and work on indicator selection for key ICPD areas.
- Organize monthly technical team meetings/webinars with relevant internal and external colleagues to provide updates as necessary; provide updates and written summaries for each meeting.
- Develop work flows to ensure that all aspects of the database development are on track.
- Support ITSO as the liaison between the internal technical team and the IT vendor developing the database.
- Manage data; express excel formulas; carry out testing, wireframes, and mock-ups with the support of ITSO.
- Test database outputs.
- Support and coordinate the development of guidance notes related to the database.
- Recommend and support the design and rollout of the P&ES Database Pilot.
- Advise on a monitoring and evaluation modality for the database.
- Carry out any additional task directly related to the role as appropriate.
Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent), preferably in public administration, political science, international affairs, public health, or other social sciences.
- Minimum five years of professional experience in development, political analyisis, and/or public health.
- Excellent knowledge of excel, data collection, and website wireframing.
- Experience in indicator development (results based management).
- Experience in development of knowledge management repositories.
- Excellent report writing, communication, coordination, and computer skills.
- Proven experience with information technology will be an asset.
- Awareness of, and sensitivity to, working with people of various cultural and social backgrounds.
- An understanding of an ability to abide by the values of the United Nations and the UNFPA mandate.
- Fluency in English required; knowledge of other official UN language is an asset.
How to Apply:
Disclaimer: UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.