Duration: 4 months
Location: Consultant can work from home or based in NYC at UNFPA HQ
UNFPA is embarking on a substantive change initiative as the Executive Board has just approved the Integrated Budget for 2022-2025, in addition to approving several realignment processes, bringing great change and opportunity to the organization as it increases the number of staff globally. The Human Resources Recruitment holds a pivotal role in the implementation of this process, awhile supporting the HRBP in maintaining business continuity for HQ during the realignment implementation.
The Consultant will support the interface between business units and the Human Resources function in UNFPA by providing strategic HR Client services. You will report to the Senior Human Resources Business Partner, NY.
Scope of Work:
The Human Resources Recruitment Consultant will ensure delivery of timely, client focused HR support in a spirit of partnership with the business. In close collaboration with the Senior HRBP, you will coordinate the efficient, consistent implementation assigned HR activities at HQ.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Manage all delegated recruitment activities and administration of general service, and international staff in the respective client area;
- Coordinate within DHR for all vacant positions to be advertised and support the recruitment activities of UNFPA;
- Work closely with other HR Associates on Vacancy Announcements;
- Longlist applications for Internal and External advertisements;
- Facilitate Written Exams and Blind Scoring;
- Solicit technical experts for Scoring and interviews;
- Organize Interview schedules inline with agreed timelines;
- Submit to CRB, answering any questions and supporting a review in line with CRB policy;
- Ensure strict and confidential record keeping of related documents throughout the process;
- Work with the CRB, forwarding questions policy application with regards to the recruitments being reviewed;
- Any other responsibilities as delegated by the HRBP.
A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 7 years of work experience or master’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of work experience. The degree should be in Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration, Organizational Development, International Relations, Global Studies, Human Rights, Public Policy or related discipline.
- Relevant experience in HR management, preferably in a UN common system organization;
- Strategic mindset coupled with strong analytical skills, a proven ability to handle big picture perspectives and proven ability to manage day to day operational matters required;
- Experience interpreting and implementing UN Staff Rules and Regulations or in a similar multilateral organization required;
- Experience implementing benefits and entitlements preferably a UN common system organization or in a similar multilateral organization required;
- Proven ability to deliver effective solutions to complex HR challenges in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and project management skills;
- Ability to handle confidential information and gain trust;
- Strong communication, collaboration and team skills;
- Experience with international development/humanitarian organization, multilaterals or INGO’s is an asset;
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of other official UN languages is desirable.
Note: In case the selected candidate works remotely, it is required that the consultant will have access to a PC with reliable internet to perform the functions of the position.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and a short letter of motivation to email@example.com with email subject clearly stated ''DHR Consultancy - HR Recruitment Specialist" by application closing date.
Disclaimer: UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.