This Finance Associate position is located within the Revenue Unit of the Finance Branch, Division for Management Services (DMS) and reports directly to the head of the Revenue Unit, under the overall supervision of the Chief of Accounts, Finance Branch.
The Finance Branch is responsible for global financial management, statutory and specialized reporting, and for policy development and the provision of advice, operational guidance, support and oversight in the areas of general accounting, accounts payable, contributions receivable, other accounts receivable, fund management, donor reporting, treasury management, management of cash transfer to implementing partners and inventory management. The Branch also plays a key role in the custody and distribution of financial resources and the monitoring of expenditures and the strengthening of ongoing compliance with the International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).
The Revenue Unit also coordinates its activities closely with the Resource Mobilization Branch (RMB – Division of Communications & Strategic Partnerships) on operational aspects of revenue management, including the submissions of certified reports.
Under the overall supervision of the head of the Revenue Unit, the Finance Associate supports the operationalization and continuous improvement of the UNFPA Policy and Procedures on Revenue Management. This includes (i) preparation of information for financial reports to external and governing bodies and, external parties, preparation of donor certified financial reports, and provision of accounting, monitoring and support services to FOs and HQ units. The Finance Associate coordinates closely its activities with the RMB on operational aspects of revenue management, including the submissions of certified reports.
Completed secondary level education required. First level degree and/or accounting qualification from a recognized body is desirable. Candidate must pass the UN GGST/ASAT exams to be appointed.
Qualifications and Experience
- 7 years of experience in accounting/finance/supply chain management related role;
- Strong attention to detail and data analysis skills;
- ability to use large and imperfect datasets for meaningful analysis identifying key trends, data integrity gaps, and performance strength and weaknesses;
- Good writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheets, word processing and computerized accounting systems;
- Experience in drafting policy and guidance documents, standard operating procedures and training manuals is a strong advantage;
- Previous experience with the UN system organizations is desirable;
- Previous experience with major ERP system, preferably PeopleSoft/Oracle is desirable;
- Fluency in English language is required; Proficiency in French and / or Spanish is a significant advantage.
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, click "Apply Now" below.