The Family Planning (FP) Adviser deigns, manages and oversees programmes at national and sub-national levels that will revitalize FP in Pakistan and enable fertility decline. He/She will move the FP Agenda forward with creditability and persuasiveness and position UNFPA as the lead/convener in this area
In close collaboration with the UNFPA Deputy Representative, the FP Adviser plays a leading technical and advisory role to revitalize FP in Pakistan with special focus on reducing unmet for FP and addressing underlying causes of low FP uptake.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced university degree or equivalent in public health, medicine, or related field, with post-graduate studies in SRHR or family planning.
Knowledge and Experience:
• At least 10years of increasing responsible professional experience in the field of FP and SRHR with experience in programme/project management.
• Knowledge of Pakistan’s FP landscape, population dynamics and socio-cultural issues.
• Proven ability to design innovative strategies to achieve demonstrable results.
• Familiarity with the ICPD programme of Action.
• Excellent communication skills in speaking and writing in English.
• Strong results based management skills.
• Strong interest in development work, especially the mission of the United Nations Population Fund and dedication to the principles of the United Nations.
• Experience in a humanitarian or crisis context is an asset.
• Computer skills: Proficiency in current office software applications.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.