The Assistant Representative is responsible for designing, developing and implementing an innovative and responsive country programme. You will respond creatively to complex challenges and frequently changing demands in terms of a fluctuating resource base, multiple funding arrangements and donor contacts, and complex programme execution modalities.
You will report directly to the UNFPA Representative.
In a highly complex operating environment, you will play a vital role in promoting partnership, synergy and strategic alliances with counterparts in government, multi-lateral and bi-lateral agencies and civil society.
You will contribute to the management of UNFPA activities in the areas of reproductive health, population and development and gender, and provide information on achievement of results in the implementation of the country programme.
You will facilitate and coordinate technical advisers and experts and contribute to UN systems coordination through participation in policy dialogue and provision of inputs into joint common system initiatives
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced university degree in Population Studies, Demography, Statistics, Public Health, or related Social Science field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 7 years of increasingly responsible professional experience, preferably in programme/project management in the public or private sector;
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, precision and accuracy;
- Demonstrated ability to refine programme design and to ensure alignment of organizational programme objectives to national priorities/capacities;
- Proven ability to lead and manage teams to achieve demonstrable results;
- Excellent communication skills to foster partnerships at a high level of representation and to maintain political partnerships in the assigned country;
- Strong interest in development work, especially the mission of the United Nations Population Fund and dedication to the principles of the United Nations;
- Knowledge of the UN system would be an advantage;
- Experience in a humanitarian or crisis context is an asset.
Fluency in English is required.
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, click "Apply Now" below.