Please note that this vacancy is open only to nationals of Zambia.
The Programme Analyst for Fistula management ensures the effective management of UNFPA activities in the areas of Fistula prevention, treatment and rehabilitation, as well as fostering strategic partnerships for social re-integration of repaired fistula clients. S/he contributes to programme formulation, implementation, evaluation, joint programming initiatives and national development frameworks, including use of appropriate monitoring and oversight mechanisms. S/he supports the country office in contributing to accelerating progress on the ICPD beyond 2014 agenda and SDGs. S/he supports the Women’s Reproductive health team in providing technical advice and support to the government and collaborates with the CO’s operations and administrative support staff.
- Masters degree in public health, medicine and/or other related social science field.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience with increasing professional experience and responsibilities at national level
- Familiarity and knowledge of the functioning of the UN and its policies will be an added advantage;
- Knowledge of rights-centered approaches to promote Maternal Newborn Health (MNH)
- Working experience in policy analysis, and advocacy for women’s health and empowerment in the context of sustainable development; and working experience in communication and advocacy;
- Demonstrated experience in programme/project planning, design, follow up, monitoring and evaluation;
- Computer skills: Proficiency in current office software applications.
- Candidates may be required to successfully complete a UNFPA position related test.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, please click "Apply Now" below.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.