Please note that this vacancy is open only to nationals of Zambia.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Representative, the Communications Analyst will support the Office of the Representative and the country office in internal and external strategic communications and advocacy efforts.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Masters degree or its equivalent in communications, journalism, public relations or related field
Knowledge and Experience:
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience with increasing professional experience and responsibilities at national level in the area of communication and external relations, such as print and broadcast media, interactive digital media and external relations.
- Field/community base experience is required.
- Knowledge of current developments in the fields of Reproductive Health, Population and Development and Gender.
- Ability to research; analyze, evaluate and synthesize information.
- Ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form.
- Proven skills in communication and advocacy.
- Relating, networking, persuading and influencing.
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Initiative, passion and commitment to UNFPA’s mission and professional values.
- Short-listed candidates may be required to successfully complete a UNFPA position related test.
- Fluency in oral and written English. Knowledge of a second UN language is an asset.
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, please click "Apply Now" below.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.