The Programme Assistant position is located in the Eastern Europe and Central Asia Regional Office and directly reports to the Regional Programme Analyst
The Programme Assistant forms part of the team, lead by the Regional Director and Deputy Regional Director, that provides integrated programme, technical and operational support within a system-strengthening approach fundamental to UNFPA’s overall strategy to the Country offices in the region through the implementation of the regional programme.
The Programme Assistant is part of the Programme Support team and works in close collaboration with the Operations Team led by the Regional International Operations Manager to ensure effective and efficient integrated programme and operational support to the implementation of the Regional Programme.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s current strategic plan (2022-2025), focuses on the acceleration of three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high-impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Qualifications and Experience
- Completed secondary level education is required.
- First level university degree in public administration, business administration is desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Five years of relevant experience in administration or project / programme support.
- Proficiency in modern office software applications and corporate IT systems, a good basic knowledge of finance and mastery of a series of financial software is desirable.
- Previous experience in the UN or International Organisation is an asset.
- Good knowledge of ERP system is an asset.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Turkish languages is required.
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.