Duration: 5 - 15 days
Location: Remote, supporting UNFPA Eastern Europe and Central Asia Country and/or Regional Offices in Istanbul
The overall objective of this assignment is provide support to UNFPA Country and/or Regional Office to submit fundraising concepts or full-fledged proposals on an ad hoc basis. Specifically, the consultant would undertake the following activities:
- Coordinate inputs from programme staff as to programme needs and context
- Create costed budgets for new projects and fundraising proposals
- Draft and edit concept notes and fundraising proposals
- Ensure compliance with donor Calls for Proposals or fundraising offer.
Scope of Work:
Working closely with UNFPA Country or Regional Office staff the Consultant will undertake the following tasks:
Deliverable 1: Lead the development of the requested concept note/fundraising proposal, coordinating inputs and drafting concept/proposal and budget.
The exact scope of work, key performance indicators, duration and thematic focus will be further defined upon confirmation of the consultant.
Advanced university degree in international relations, public health, demography, social and behavioural science, humanitarian response, political science or other related fields.
- 5+ years of experience in International development, working within a United Nations system organization is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in resource mobilisation, fundraising or communications (see below re providing examples of successful fundraising proposal submissions or published communications articles.
- Excellent written English
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of Russian is an asset.
- Initiative, sound judgment and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with staff members from different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work under pressure and within strict deadlines
- Prior work experience and/or knowledge of Eastern Europe and Central Asia is an asset
Note: For remote work, it is required that the consultant will have access to a PC with reliable internet to perform the functions of the position.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and a short letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject clearly stated ''Fundraising Proposal Consultancy – Application for Roster" by application closing date.
In your letter please refer to at least one successful fundraising proposal you have led, include it as an attachment if possible, and provide contact reference [email] for this example. Alternatively provide other examples of written work of a similar type. Please also provide a cost estimate per day.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.