The Chief Technical Adviser (CTA), Census is located at the Haitian Institute of Statistics (IHSI) and is under the overall guidance of the Director of IHSI and reports to the Representative of UNFPA or delegated Program Manager. The CTA will work in close collaboration with officials of the Ministry of Planning, Ministry of Finance and stakeholders including UNFPA Haiti Country Office for inclusive and multi-perspective views. The CTA may need to travel to selected areas in Haiti to observe the local situation to ensure the smooth facilitation of the census operation.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced University degree in Demography, Statistics or related field – PhD preferable or equivalent professional experience;
· Ten (10) years relevant experience in the field of population censuses, preferably in a developing country;
· Experience in providing on-the-job training to local staff in data analysis, report writing and use of Internet resources;
· Experience in the dissemination of census data and socio-demographic analyses to broad audiences as well as in motivating the utilization of data and results in development planning and policy issues;
· Knowledge and experience in population and housing censuses preparation phases in Latin America ;
· Proficiency in current Microsoft Office software applications; census data processing software (CSPro, REDATAM), demographic data analysis (Mortpak, Pas), Statistical Packages (SPSS, STATA) and projection programs (SPECTRUM, RUP);
· Communication skills especially for transfer of knowledge
Fluency in oral and written French (required), English (preferred), Spanish (optional).
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.