UNFPA continues to work with partners to respond to the Ukraine emergency. Highlights from the month of January include:
- The #TrainOfHope launched between Kyiv and Chisinau is a lifeline, providing refugees, including many women with children, both a route to safety and a way back home.
- When the Government of Ukraine lost control of Kherson city, social workers at a shelter for survivors of domestic violence continued to work so that women and girls could receive essential assistance.
- A newly opened survivor relief centre in Chernivtsi provides comprehensive social and psychological support to people who have fled the war or temporarily occupied territories.
- Through its 20 static and 8 mobile safe spaces in Moldova, UNFPA supported over 1,200 refugees and host community members, including women, youth and older persons.
- UNFPA is opening its third Orange Safe Space in Belarus, in the city of Grodno.