Under the overall supervision of the Senior Project Coordinator, the GBV Specialist Social Mobilization and Behavior Change will closely work with the GBV team in Tigray and liaise with relevant GBV and women’s empowerment actors and GBV AOR coordination team to ensure that integrated and expanded activities addressing violence against women and girls are successfully implemented for GBV prevention and response.
The GBV Social Mobilization Specialist will closely work with the GBV team and liaise with relevant GBV and women’s empowerment actors and coordination groups to ensure that social mobilization and behavioral change interventions are integrated and expanded in activities addressing violence against women and girls.
Qualifications and Experience
Master’s degree with a specialization in areas such as social work, gender, law/human rights, international relations, and/or other related social science disciplines
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5 years of relevant experience in GBV program development and management, preferably in an emergency context.
- Field experience in complex emergencies, including humanitarian emergency response, is desired.
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience within a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Ability to develop and coordinate GBV prevention programs that target , IDPs/returnees, and their host communities.
- Proven relevant experience in community activism and mobilization.
- Excellent understanding of human rights-based, survivors-centered and participatory approach.
- Experience in capacity development/training of staff members and community groups.
- Experience in developing SOPs, training module, guidelines, tools for social mobilization in GBV prevention
- Experience in working with men and boys in GBV prevention
- Proven communications and inter-personal skills, IT literacy, as well as organizational skills and time management
- Good understanding of international GBV best practices and guidelines
- Experience of working at a global or regional level especially in the developing countries.
Fluency in English is required.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.