The Humanitarian Coordination Officer is located in the Cox's Bazar sub-office and reports to the Head of UNFPA Sub Office, Cox’s Bazar.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Under overall supervision of the Head of UNFPA Cox’s Bazar Sub Office, Humanitarian Coordinator will oversee UNFPA’s humanitarian response and preparedness activities in camps and affected host communities in Cox’s Bazar. S/he will work in close collaboration with national authorities, humanitarian agencies (UN and international NGOs) and national partners and civil society organizations to strengthen emergency preparedness and provide humanitarian assistance to crisis affected communities.
The Humanitarian Coordinator has to assure coordination and linkages in the planning, coordination and implementation of humanitarian response activities, including support with resource mobilization, staffing, operations (procurement and logistics), communications, M&E and technical and programmatic interventions and to ensure integration of UNFPA mandate within all resilience strategic plans. S/he will closely work with the teams in CXB and CO (Health, GBViE, humanitarian, communications, operations) and other teams in the CO.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced university degree in medicine, public health, social sciences, humanitarian response, international relations or related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
• 5 years of experience in coordinating, developing and implementing interventions in a humanitarian or development settings.
• Knowledge of the humanitarian reform process and roles/responsibilities of humanitarian actors.
• Experience with MISP implementation and RH Emergency Kits
• Track record of building and maintaining trust strategic alliances and partnerships with relevant stakeholders including other UN agencies, government institutions, NGO’s and iNGOs as well as donor groups, with strong communication and networking skills
• Humanitarian experience in the region is desirable. Experience within the UN common system or other international organization is desirable.
• Strong analytical, coordination and organizational skills.
• UN common system experience, especially field experience, is desirable.
Fluency in English; knowledge of other official UN languages an asset.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.