The UNFPA’s Global Emergency (Surge) Roster contains the various profiles needed in emergency and humanitarian situations. In the event of an onset of an emergency or humanitarian crisis, candidates who are on the Roster will be deployed to the affected country (or countries) within 48 - 72 hours. Candidates selected for the Surge Roster will be invited to attend a workshop and simulation exercise in September 2022 and will be given access to training to augment the effectiveness of the Surge team members.
The incumbent will be responsible to promote Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) services in crises, recovery and post crises situations; facilitates the procurement and delivery of emergency medical supplies and equipment; orients on SRH related issues (including reproductive, maternal and new-born health, family planning information and services, STIs and HIV prevention, care and treatment, and care for survivors of sexual violence). The incumbent will also be responsible of ensuring meaningful inter-agency coordination (including leading a SRH working group under the health cluster when the cluster system is activated) Also assists in resource mobilization, establishing relevant partnerships with other humanitarian stakeholders, NGOs, donors and government counterparts. When the situation stabilizes, guides on the establishment of comprehensive SRH services.
- Clinical degree (e.g.:medecine, midwifery, nursing)
- Advanced university degree in Public Health or relevant Social Sciences.
- 5-10 years on Integrated SRH program development and management and preferably in an emergency context (eg: implementation of the MISP).
- Field experience in complex emergencies, including humanitarian emergency response.
- Ability to develop and coordinate Integrated SRH and /programs that target adolescent refugees, IDPs/returnees and their host communities.
- Proficiency in English and in other official languages or the UN required/desirable.
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, click "Apply Now" below.