THIS IS AN INTERNAL VACANCY OPEN TO UNFPA STAFF ONLY
The purpose of the UNFPA’s Global Emergency (Surge) Roster contains the various profiles of staff members needed in emergency and humanitarian situations. In the event of an onset of an emergency or humanitarian crisis, staff members who are on the Roster will be deployed to the affected country (or countries) within 48 - 72 hours. Staff members selected for the Surge Roster will be invited to attend a workshop and simulation exercise and will be given access to training to augment the effectiveness of the Surge team members.
Under the overall supervision of the UNFPA CO Representative and/or Head of Office, the incumbent serves as a member of the Country Office Management Team, and provides operational support to the CO, contributes to the delivery of the humanitarian/emergency efforts to the affected population, and ensures that operations are carried out, effectively, efficiently, in a timely and transparent manner, mindful of subsequent audit considerations. For level 3 emergency, the Operations Manager will report to the Senior Emergency Coordinator.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced technical degree in finance and public /business administration, public policy or other relevant social sciences. A first university degree, with relevant experience may be considered in lieu of an advanced degree;
- 5 to 7 years of operations management experience;
- Experience in challenging and complex humanitarian/emergency setting;
- Fluency in French is required; proficiency English is an asset;
- Prior UNFPA surge deployments undertaken, is an asset;
- Experience responding to emergencies in francophone Africa and Haiti is desirable;
- Have experience in the UN system is an asset.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.