This post is opened in the context of the JPO Programme sponsored by the Netherlands and is open exclusively to Dutch nationals.
The UNFPA Junior Professional Officer (JPO) Programme is intended to provide on-the-job training for young professionals who wish to obtain practical experience in development assistance. It gives them an opportunity to acquire professional knowledge in population projects in a developing country.
Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience
- Advanced University degree (Masters) or equivalent in public health, medicine, sociology, health systems/economics, or related fields
Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum of two years and maximum of four years of experience in the area of Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH)
- Field experience in development and/or humanitarian settings in programme service delivery and programme coordination would be a strong asset
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English;
- Working knowledge of French is an asset.
- Knowledge of other official UN languages would be an advantage.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.