This is a re-advertisement - Previous applicants need not reapply. Thank you.
You will be playing a key role in developing and implementing innovative strategies to attract managerial and technical talent who meet UNFPA’s current and future organizational needs.
You will report to the Deputy Director, Division for Human Resources.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments to accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The HR Adviser, Talent Acquisition serves as strategic internal consultant to UNFPA leadership, HR leadership, HR Business Partners (HRBPs) and through them to hiring managers through the design, development and, in certain cases, implementation of effective talent acquisition strategies adapted to UNFPA’s specific needs.
Advanced university degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration or related discipline.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Ten years of relevant progressively responsible experience in HR management related to talent sourcing, recruitment, branding and/or workforce planning, some of which should be in a globally present company or an international organization;
• Recognized expert in sourcing techniques and global labor market knowledge;
• Demonstrated professional competence in the delivery of innovative and effective talent acquisition services in a multicultural environment;
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with executive recruitment firms in bringing in top talent at leadership levels;
• Mastery of both traditional and new media applications used in talent search;
• Demonstrated success in branding and developing attractive EVPs;
• Proven project management skills coupled with strong collaboration and team skills;
• Excellent written and oral communications skills:
• Proven analytical skills;
• Strong client orientation and outreach skills;
• Ability to influence effectively;
• Familiarity with the development sector would be an asset.
Fluency in English is required; knowledge of other official UN languages, preferably French and/or Spanish, is desirable.
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, click "Apply Now" below.