* NOTE: This post is being re-advertised to widen the pool of candidates. All candidates who have already applied previously to Job ID #12607 need not re apply. Thank you.*
The Strategic Information Specialist is located in Angola Country Office and reports to the UNFPA Representative.
The Strategic Information Specialist, in collaboration with Government counterparts, NGOs and other partners oversees the formulation and design of the country programme and its component projects in line with Government priorities and according to UNFPA programme policies and procedures. In particular the incumbent should ensure that Reproductive Health, Adolescent and Youth are integrated in programmes, plans and provides advice to the Country Programme inspiring it to translate the regional and country goals into specific solutions and results.
Advanced post-graduate university degree in International Development, Population Sciences, Demography, Economics, Sociology, Management or a related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5 years of relevant experience at national and/or international levels in management and development of data and research in areas of population and sustainable development, including programme/project management in a developing country.
- Strong results-based programme management experience, with particular focus on strategic planning and capacity building.
- Substantive knowledge in research methodology and practical experience in population and development, sexual and reproductive health, humanitarian response and gender.
- Ability to explain complex ideas and findings in a way that can be easily understood and to work creatively within a budget and use innovation to find ways of more effectively managing resources and producing value.
- Strong communications, interpersonal and writing skills.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
Fluency in written and spoken English and Portuguese.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.