PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS ONLY FOR NATIONALS OF MOZAMBIQUE
Duration: 6 months
The Programme Analyst, Information Management (IM) and M&E will be responsible for information management & M&E of UNFPA´s humanitarian response in both GBV and SRHR in Beira, Mozambique, also supporting humanitarian efforts in Manica. The incumbent will report to the designated Local Coordinator, under the guidance of the Surge Humanitarian Response Coordinator, and work in close collaboration with the M&E and Innovation Technical Specialist in Maputo.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced degree (Master’s or equivalent and above) with specialization in public health, gender studies, humanitarian affairs, human rights, law, economics, statistics, data management, ICT, sociology, social work, development studies, public administration, international relations, and/or other related social science disciplines.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Two years of experience in data management, research or monitoring and evaluation, preferably related to health.
- Experience on data collection and analysis, including proficiency in geospatial information systems
- Experience in UN/UNFPA humanitarian/development/peace-building programming and operations is desired
- Demonstrate understanding about UN common programming principles including human-rights based approach, gender equality and capacity development
- Proved experience in survivors-centered approach
- Experience in coordination and liaison with government counterparts and other development partners and stakeholders, including NGOs and communities
- Demonstrated professional experience within a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Skills in building strategic alliances and partnerships, strong communication and networking and excellent organizational skills.
- Experience in developing and/or contributing to the development of training materials and experience in facilitating and conducting capacity development training
- Excellent English and Portuguese speaking and writing skills, excellent communications skills, and inter-personal skills
- Ability to self-manage, emotional intelligence, empathy, team spirit, conflict management as well as negotiating skills.
Fluency in English and Portuguese is required.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.