Under the direct supervision of the UNFPA Representative, the International Operations Manager (IOM) provides leadership and advice to the Country Office (CO) on all aspects of office management and operations. The IOM supervises CO staff as assigned by the Representative.
The IOM ensures a smooth functioning, well-managed and results-oriented country office (CO) and facilitates programme implementation and delivery by providing for the operational needs of programmes and projects managed at the CO. S/he will ensure the CO is strengthened and supported in its operations, needs and queries by ensuring administrative management policies, regulations, rules and procedures are compatible with CO needs.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced university degree in any of the following disciplines: Public Administration or Business Administration, Economics, Management or other related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Five years of progressively responsible professional experience in administration, finance or office management.
- Thorough knowledge of the UN Staff Rules and Regulations, HR management policies, financial rules and regulations and procurement.
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients, focus on impact and result, and respond positively to feedback
- Strong analytical and leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead business process re-engineering, to implement new systems, and to positively affect staff behavioural/ attitudinal changes
- Initiative; strong conceptual abilities; sound judgment; strong interest in development work, especially the mission of UNFPA; and dedication to the principles of the United Nations.
- Field experience is essential; experience from a developing, humanitarian context is an asset.
Fluency in French and English.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.