The Human Resources Analyst is located in Addis Abba, Ethiopia Country Office and reports to the International Operations Manager (IOM) and supervises the Human Resource Assistant. The HR Analyst is responsible for transparent implementation of HR strategies in the Country Office and effective delivery of Human Resource services and management of the Country Office HR Unit. S/he will analyze, interpret and apply HR policies, rules and regulations, establishes internal procedures and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex HR issues.
The Human Resources Analyst provide leadership in execution of the full range of CO HR services ensuring their transparency and integrity. Human Resource Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that the delivery of HR services meets clients' expectations with regard to efficiency and consistency. The HR Analyst leads and coordinates the efficient, consistent implementation of key HR processes in the Country Office. Provides value-adding advice to the CO management and staff regarding policy application in all areas of Human Resources. The Analyst promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and facilitate the maintenance of high staff morale.
Qualifications and Experience
Master’s in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Management or relevant subject.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Two years of relevant work experience in supporting Learning and/or Human Resource Management activities, research, administration, international development.
- Knowledge of HR policies and their application in the employment life cycle
- Proficiency with UNFPA recruitment and HR systems/software applications
- Excellent communication skills, including experience in drafting reports and preparing presentations; excellent listening skills and empathy.
- Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Proven ability to work with senior management and to work in project teams
- Excellent collaborative and team working capability
- Demonstrate the ability to build and sustain effective working relationships with staff at all levels in the organization
- Integrity: exercising the appropriate discretion when working with confidential and sensitive matters and information
- Experience in change management projects or activities is desirable
Fluency in English; knowledge of other official UN languages an asset.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.