Applicants applying for UNFPA General Service posts located in New York must have a valid G-4 visa or U.S. Permanent Residency or U.S. Citizenship at the time of their application. Additionally, applicants must have passed the UN Clerical Test (GGST/ASAT) in order to be eligible to be appointed to this position.
This position is located in the Facilities and Administrative Services Branch (FASB) within the Division for Management Services (DMS). FASB provides and oversees a broad range of support services relating to facilities and asset management, travel, mail & pouch and administrative/general services for both Headquarters and Field Offices. The term Field Offices includes all offices located outside of Headquarters including Regional/Sub-Regional Offices, Liaison Offices and Country Offices. The incumbent reports directly to the Chief Facilities Management Section.
The incumbent will establish and maintain professional contacts at all levels of UNFPA in Headquarters and Field Offices, to ensure and project confidence in the conduct of facilities management activities. Specific contacts with Representatives, Assistant Representatives and Operations Management focal points in Field Offices to provide advice regarding interpretation of Facilities Management Policy and practical guidance on facilities management activities. Specific contacts with ITSO staff to ensure effective management of the in-house real estate database (COREM).
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
In support of UNFPA Field Offices this post provides support and guidance in the following areas:
• Administration of the web-based Country Office Real Estate Management database system (COREM);
• Administration of the UNFPA Credit Card Program;
• Administration of the Reserve for Field Accommodation (RFA);
• Follow-up with Field Offices on audit recommendations;
• General administrative services tasks.
Qualifications and Experience
Secondary education. University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political or Social Sciences would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Seven years experience in administration/facilities management with particular emphasis on field operations
• Knowledge of standard UNFPA computer applications, including MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel and E-mail;
• Familiarity with ERP systems, specifically Finance module;
• Familiarity with database systems such as COREM;
• Constructive customer oriented approach;
• Ability to creative solutions
• Excellent writing and communication skills
Other Desirable Skills:
• Excellent inter-personal skills; effective communications skills; team player;
• Good time-management and organizational skills;
• High level of integrity and work ethics;
• Ability to work effectively and independently under pressure;
• Coaching and training skills.
Fluency in written and spoken English required. Working knowledge of French or Spanish desirable.
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, click "Apply Now" below.