The Editorial Associate will assist in the development, production and of print and digital editions of the UNFPA Annual Report and the flagship UNFPA State of World Population report, serve as secretariat to the interdivisional UNFPA Publishing Group, administer contracts and budgets, support the development and maintenance of a photo library and serve as photo researcher and editor.
- Commitment to UNFPA's Values and Guiding Principles;
- Developing People/fostering innovation and empowerment/performance management;
- Team work/communication/self-management;
- Strategic thinking/results orientation and commitment to excellence/decision making;
- Knowledge sharing and continuous learning
- Providing logistical support
- Managing data
- Managing documents, correspondence and reports
- Managing information and work flow
- Planning, organizing and multitasking
- Support financial data analysis
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of secondary education. Bachelor's degree in communications, print or digital journalism, marketing, advertising, publishing, or other relevant field is an asset;
- Editorial project management experience;
- Experience using website content-management systems helpful;
- 6 years of experience in publications production or in a relevant communications field;
- Experience with administering budgets and contracts;
- Experience in using Adobe Creative Suite desirable;
- Fluency and excellent command of English needed to undertake assignment.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.