This position is located within the Resource Mobilization Branch (RMB), working very closely with the Media and Communications Branch (MCB) both of which sit in the Division for Communications and Strategic Partnerships (DCS) at UNFPA Headquarters.
How you can make a difference:
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of the Resource Mobilization Branch, the incumbent will support the strategic positioning of UNFPA with its donor community, in particular through the communication of results, and further enable the Fund’s ability to effectively mobilize resources and leverage financing. In this context, the incumbent will produce creative and compelling content that engages the audience in a dynamic, interactive and meaningful way and sparks conversations and commitments around issues related to UNFPA’s three transformative results:
● Ending preventable maternal death
● Ending unmet need for family planning
● Ending gender-based violence and harmful practices
The Communications Officer will be instrumental in engaging with bilateral and multilateral donors, including with national representations to the United Nations, Foreign and Development Ministries and their respective leaders, International Financial Institutions, and UN entities, and contribute towards the communications deliverables and products agreed with key public sector donors. The Communications Officer will work under the guidance of a Resource Mobilization Adviser to strengthen existing partnerships, communicate the effectiveness of UNFPA’s programmes and underline the importance of core funding, including by leveraging visibility opportunities as well as UNFPA’s global website and social media channels.
Qualifications and Experience Education:
Graduate university degree in communications, arts, marketing, international relations, public relations, journalism, development studies or other related areas is required.
Knowledge and Experience:
● A minimum of five years of relevant work experience in communications, journalism and/or public relations.
● Experience working in international organizations is desirable.
● Demonstrated understanding of emerging trends, social behaviours, technology platforms and digital content that can help the organization create and maintain meaningful relationships with various stakeholders and online communities, including UN agencies, donors, development partners and the general public.
● Demonstrated experience in creating compelling content, as well as a proven track record of placement and creative and innovative thinking – a new way of doing things.
● Demonstrated experience in mobilizing and engaging online audiences through integrated digital and social media strategies.
● Advanced knowledge and user of leading social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and others.
● Fluency in English; knowledge of other official UN languages, French is an asset
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, click "Apply Now" below.