The Contracting Analyst position is located in Procurement Services Branch (PSB) of the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) in Copenhagen and reports to the Procurement Specialist of PSB’s Strategic Procurement Cluster.
The incumbent supervises and manages two teams of Contracting Associates, who jointly perform contracting activities in accordance to the organization’s mandate, financial rules and regulations, and procurement procedures of UNFPA.
The contracting activities encompass procurement, contracting, contract management, monitoring and reporting on supplier performance, managing supplier relationship, analyzing global market development/trends and procurement history for segments of institutional goods and services supplied for UNFPA’s programs, operations and external clients in order to develop accordingly procurement approaches.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Under the direct supervision of the Procurement Specialist of PSB Strategic Procurement Cluster and overall guidance of the Chief of Procurement Services Branch, the incumbent will have the direct supervisory responsibility for the contracting activities of UNFPAs core commodities, focused on Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals and Kits including associated services.
In direct support of UNFPA’s strategy to achieve the International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD) and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) while ensuring the effective and efficient implementation of procurement processes, the incumbent will be required to provide the following services:
• Procurement and contracting activities
• Capacity building and knowledge sharing
• Representation of UNFPA in UN and other partners Working Groups
• Managerial responsibilities for the team members within the associated categories
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
• Advanced university degree (or equivalent: i.e. CPA, ACCA, Jurist Doctor, etc.) in Business Administration, Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Business/Commercial Law or equivalent is required.
• Certification in CIPS, procurement, forecasting, or similar is an advantage.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience is required. Experiences within the Health Care industry would be an advantage.
• Relevant international professional work experience in procurement/contracting for high value, high risk and complex procurement/contracting is an added advantage
• Experience with UN procurement, finance and contracting regulations and procedures will be an advantage.
• Knowledge of global health and pharmaceutical market and stakeholders is an asset, and experiences within sexual, reproductive and maternal health is considered an advantage.
• Experience in working in team and leading team projects is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of computer applications, including internet navigation and various office applications (in particular, applications related to database and data analysis), Atlas (PeopleSoft or alternatively Oracle), E-filing system and other software applications is an advantage.
• Knowledge in analytical work and negotiations is an asset.
• Knowledge of legal aspects of contract management is an asset.
Fluency in English is required; knowledge of other official UN languages, preferably French and/or Spanish, is desirable.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.