This vacancy is only open to Jordanian nationals
The Communication Specialist develops, implements and monitors UNFPA’s communication strategy for the Syria crisis response, including direct managerial responsibility for a project on gender-based violence and the media. The incumbent is also responsible for providing inputs to the development and design of the Syria regional response communication and publication strategies, which are geared to promote public and media outreach and mobilize political and financial support for UNFPA.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Education: Advanced university degree in one or more of the following disciplines: communication, journalism, public relations, social sciences and other relevant subjects.
Knowledge and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in communications, media, broadcast, media relations, public relations, researching stories, writing press release and news for websites or social media
- Experience in managing the production of printed materials, including brochures, leaflets, briefing third party designers, printers, to ensure corporate brand and style is met.
- Experience in planning and managing public events
- Demonstrated experience implementing visibility communications or media projects.
- Good coordination skills, demonstrated ability to work in an independent manner
- High sense of responsibility. Tact discretion, initiative and good judgment in dealing with staff members, partners and other stakeholders.
- Previous experience with a multilateral or international organization is desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, good knowledge and experience in handling of web-based management systems, social media and multimedia tools.
- Experience of working on gender-based violence programmes an advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.