PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS OPEN ONLY TO NATIONALS OF FIJI
The Administrative Associate position is located in a Sub Regional Office (SRO). Under the guidance and supervision of the International Operations Manager (IOM).
The Administrative Associate provides quality services in the areas of human resources (HR), procurement and general administration (including travels) in compliance with the relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures.
S/he takes a client-oriented, results-focused approach to interpreting the rules, procedures and guidelines, provides support and guidance to the SRO, and provides leadership to administrative staff in sub-regional and country offices.
Qualifications and Experience
Completed secondary level education required.
First level university degree in business administration or public administration desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Seven years (7) of relevant administrative experience in the public or private sector;
• Experience in HR, administration, travel, vehicle management, procurement is required;
• Experience of UN Personnel and administrative procedures and the ability to interpret administrative and personnel rules, regulations and procedures and explain them clearly and concisely;
• Proficiency in Atlas/ PeopleSoft, word processing and other computerized applications is an asset;
• Good writing and communication skills;
• Previous experience in the UN an advantage.
Fluency in English is required.
Other Desirable Skills:
Initiative, strong conceptual abilities, sound judgment, strong interest in development work, especially the mission of the United Nations Population Fund and dedication to the principles of the United Nations.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.