Its title, 'Accelerating Efforts to Advance the Rights of Adolescent Girls,' describes the joint pledge by UNFPA, UNICEF, ILO, UNESCO, UNIFEM, and WHO to intensify support to advance key policies and programmes that empower the hardest-to-reach adolescent girls in developing countries, particularly those aged 10 to 14 years old.
The UN agencies will support governments, civil society, communities, adolescent girls and boys to:
- Educate adolescent girls;
- improve adolescent girls' health;
- keep them free from violence;
- promote adolescent girl leaders; and
- count girls in data efforts to better measure the difference being made in their lives.