Support and lead the strong engagement, sound collective interventions and visibility of youth coalitions in the efforts towards the elimination of female genital mutilation.
Major Activities/Expected Results
The Youth Coordinator will be responsible to coordinate an innovative intervention to galvanize youth collective actions towards the elimination of FGM. The coordinator will mobilize youth to participate in and advocate for evidenced-based FGM elimination programmes.
Key tasks include the following:
● Serve as liaison between the UNFPA-UNICEF Joint Programme to Eliminate FGM and the Global Youth Consortium on FGM.
● Support the registration of the Global Youth Consortium as a legal entity, including reviewing guidance documents, modes of operation, TORs, etc.
● Ensure the activities, messages and mandate of the consortium align with those of the Joint Programme to End FGM.
● Provide administrative and technical support to the global youth consortium, including with work plan development, managing budgets, conducting elections, monitoring and evaluation of the consortium’s activities and more.
● Establish partnerships between the consortium and UNFPA and UNICEF country offices, implementing partners and donor partners, for integration and harmonization of activities.
● Mobilize resources to support the consortium, through preparation of grant proposals and support for fundraising activities.
● Support internal and external communications of the consortium, including set up of official email and social media accounts and development of a communication and advocacy plan.
● Work closely with the Global Youth Consortium Executive to coordinate activities at the community, national, regional and global level.
● Support annual forums and conferences organized by the GYC, and facilitate the participation of GYC members in those organized by different parties.
● Prepare and submit annual quarterly reports on the activities of the global youth consortium.
● Prepare talking points and briefing notes related to the Global Youth Consortium for UNFPA and UNICEF specialists and partners.
● Perform any other tasks as requested by the supervisor
- Advanced university degree in social sciences or other related field
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5 years previous relevant experience in programming engaging youth and communication
- Proven work experience on digital and social media management or similar role
- Experience in planning and leading advocacy events and initiatives
- Technical orientation or programme experience on issues related to female genital mutilation, harmful practices, gender and related themes is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and presentations skills
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Previous work experience with UNFPA or UNICEF or any other UN Agency is an asset
- Fluency in English and French
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, click "Apply Now" below.