Since 2018, the DRC has set up a national PSEA network and four regional PSEA networks. A PSEA strategy has been endorsed in December 2020 by the Humanitarian Country Team (HCT) and the United Nations Country Team (UNCT). Today, the PSEA network is composed of more than a hundred members. The setup of the network has been recently reviewed to strengthen its activities. In addition, a humanitarian funds allocation has been attributed to support the PSEA network.
The PSEA Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and supporting the collective PSEA activities of organizations including providing support to the national PSEA network and four regional PSEA networks. The PSEA Coordinator will work closely with the PSEA Network Steering Committee members under the leadership of the DSRSG/RC/HC and the Deputy Humanitarian Coordinator (DHC).
- Master degree in social work, public health, gender, law/human rights, international relations, and/or other related social science disciplines.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience such as PSEA, Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP), Protection, Human rights, Gender-based violence and victim assistance
- Field experience in humanitarian or development settings
- Understanding of the international development and humanitarian architecture
- Familiarity with the UN system and global coordination structures (e.g. IASC)
- Proven ability to implement an Action Plan and manage staff and a budget
- Experience in developing and facilitating training and capacity-building activities is an advantage
- Familiarity with data protection and confidentiality measures is an advantage
- Fluency in French and English is required.
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, click "Apply Now" below.