NOTE: This post is being re-advertised to widen the pool of candidates. All candidates who have already applied previously to Job ID 12892 need not re apply. Thank you.
To strengthen strategic technical programme support and programme delivery of the different interventions that UNFPA is supporting in collaboration with the MoH, UNFPA Mozambique Country Office requires the services of an international Technical Specialist for Health Sector. Under the overall guidance of the Representative and the Deputy Representative, he/she will: 1) provide information on the political, social and economic context relevant for the SRH/MMR & HIV/AIDS Prevention and achievement of results in the implementation of the UNFPA program; 2) actively participate in policy dialogue and provision of inputs at various coordination platforms, and UN system in the Country; 3) establish and maintain partnership, synergy and strategic alliances with counterparts in government, multi-lateral and bi-lateral agencies and civil society to address emerging issues and to facilitate UNFPA program delivery; 4) Provide technical leadership and support in strengthening health systems and improving integrated approach to maternal health that combines: human resources, reproductive health commodities/family planning; and EmONC; 5) provide leadership in collating and documenting responses on maternal health and innovative SRH interventions and share lessons learned and success stories for improved programming, advocacy and resource mobilization; 6) provide support to the process of technical/annual and financial reviews of the SRH programme through the preparation of internal documents to assess progress of implementation; and 7) prepare briefs, talking points and relevant analytical documents to assist the external engagement of the Representative and the Deputy Representative.
Advanced university degree in Medicine and Public Health or other directly related field sexual and reproductive health.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience in the area of sexual and reproductive health programme;
- Proven experience in Family Planning and Emergency Obstetrics Care is essential;
- Health systems experience, health reform, an asset;
- Knowledge and understanding on quality of care, specifically client rights issues and behavioral change communication;
- Experience in health systems and sector reform, review, (SWAps, etc.);
- Understanding of Human Rights dimensions of SRH/FP and gender, an asset;
- Strong track record of technical leadership, and proven ability to produce demonstrable results;
- Demonstrated ability to network within the development partners community;
- Familiarity with sector approach, M&E methods and approaches, logical framework approach and strategic planning;
- Familiarity and experience in health/reproductive health programming in humanitarian setting and resilience an advantage;
- Knowledge of the UN system, especially UNFPA, and other international development organizations;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team;
⦁ Fluency in English and working knowledge of Portuguese
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.