The position of Technical Adviser, Health Financing sits in the Commodity Security Branch (CSB), and reports to the Chief, CSB, Technical Division (TD).
UNFPA current strategic direction defines its work around three transformative and people-centred results in the period leading up to 2030. These include: (a) an end to preventable maternal deaths; (b) an end to the unmet need for family planning; and (c) an end to gender-based violence and all harmful practices, including female genital mutilation and child, early and forced marriage.
Knowledge and Experience:
● Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience;
● Expert in measuring the relations between health and development, the economic determinants of health and the impact of health investments on national economies, preferably for sexual and reproductive health, including family planning;
● Knowledge and skills in developing policy on issues related to health and health care expenditures and financing policies, on the inter relationships between macroeconomic policies and health and health care issues;
● Strong knowledge of inter-linkages between macroeconomic, fiscal and health financing issues and in the areas of health economics and health financing of national health systems;
● Technical expertise in providing technical assistance in the development of financially sustainable national health policies, strategies, plans and/or programs under the primary health care principles and values;
● Knowledge in the use of global and regional databases on national accounts, government finances, national health expenditures, consumer price indexes, household surveys and other social and economic indicators;
● Strong professional oral and writing skills including the development of reports, oral presentations, and technical/persuasive documents for consideration at the highest levels of the Organization;
● Strong track record of technical leadership, and proven ability to produce demonstrable results;
● Strong technical knowledge and expertise in health financing for family planning;
● Extensive network within the development community;
● Field experience is essential;
● Ability to synthesize ideas and messages into digestible presentations/documents by non-technical readers;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
Languages: Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.