The Supply Chain Services & Relations Analyst position is located in the Supply Chain Management Unit in Copenhagen. The incumbent reports directly to the Supply Chain Solutions Team Lead who leads the team providing supply chain management services to external partners.
You are tasked with supporting the Supply Chain Solutions Team Lead with strategic efforts to leverage UNFPA SCMU global partnerships in procurement and logistics services with international organizations, UN entities and donors, and develop new collaborations and growth opportunities in supply chain to achieve UNFPA’s transformative results by 2030.
You will apply an integrated, coordinated, and systems strengthening approach to support governments and other implementing partners, which is fundamental to UNFPA's overall strategy of building a ready, responsive, and resilient supply chain required for sustained and equitable access to and delivery of Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) commodities.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA occupies a unique position in the Reproductive Health Commodity ecosystem as a critical player in supply chain management, a leading public organization supplying reproductive health commodities, a trusted partner to national governments, and one of the few organizations with the scale and partnerships necessary to build accountability for last mile delivery. Additionally, as part of UNFPA’s programmatic activities, UNFPA is responsible for supporting low- and middle- income countries and external partners in sexual and reproductive health in transitioning from funding to sustainable financing to ensure the availability and supply of quality assured commodities at competitive prices that can be provided via UNFPA Supply Chain Solutions.
The Supply Chain Management Unit ensures that UNFPA can support the delivery of life-saving reproductive health commodities and other supplies effectively and efficiently to the end user when and where they are needed. To do so, it provides enabling services to its programmes and external partners, and ensures coordination, end-to-end visibility, and accountability on all supply-chain-management related activities.
As Supply Chain Services & Relations Analyst, you will support the Supply Chain Solutions Team Lead to deliver professional, technical, operational and administrative procurement services on behalf of external organizations for them to leverage UNFPA’s expertise and volumes. You will be managing a team of Supply Chain Services Associates.
Qualifications and Experience:
Advanced university degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Marketing, International Relations, Development Studies, Social Sciences, Economics, International Commerce, or equivalent field is required. A first level university degree combined with a professional Supply Chain Management certification such as CIPS Level 3 and/or CILT at intermediate qualification (Level 3) may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of two years of relevant of experience at the national or international level in marketing, partnerships and/or fundraising, sales and/or marketing, customer service, promotional activities or related area preferably for social mission-driven organizations or initiatives is required.
- Strong marketing writing and editing skills is required.
- Project management skills is required.
- Basic knowledge of the principles and operational aspects of sexual and reproductive health commodities in global development and humanitarian community is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and capability to develop and maintain broad diversified partnerships with external partners such as principal recipients and donors is required.
- Professional written and spoken presentation skills, including the development of reports, presentations to external partners, and the ability to synthesize complex technical documents for both technical and non-technical audiences is required.
- The following are additional assets for the position:
- Experience of at least one year in managing international or in-country procurement and logistics operations in the health area, and/or government customer service and/or donor relations and/or private sector partnerships
- Experience of at least of one year in managing people
- Familiarity with procurement and supply chain policies and procedures from UN Agencies, The Global Fund, public governmental entities
- Experience in processing invoices for payment is desirable.
- Experience working with Google tools and analytical applications, spreadsheets for performance metrics and management reporting, Oracle ERP system, OMS system and issuing Proforma Invoices, database and dashboard development for a variety of audiences and e-filing
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Spanish and French is an asset. The communication with external partners is in these three UN official languages.
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, click "Apply Now" below.