The Special Assistant reports to the Director of the Division. S/he provides operational, planning, managerial, technical and coordination support to all aspects of the work of the Division. The Special Assistant works with the Director assisting him/her to carry out his/her Division level responsibilities.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2022-2025), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced university degree in business administration, social sciences, management, public administration, international development, communication or a related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
• At least 5 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in the field of development;
• Strong analytical ability and professional experience in management and policy development;
• Proven affinity with (elements of) the core work of the Division: Communications, Strategic Partnerships and Resource mobilization;
• Strong writing and oral communication skills;
• Good interpersonal skills;
• Field experience, preferably with UNFPA, is a requirement;
• Proven experience with office management, including work planning and budgeting.
Fluency in English required; knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.