The Cote d’Ivoire Country Office is responsible for implementing the 2021-2025 Country Programme agreed with the Government of Cote d’Ivoire, as part of the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework. The Programme Specialist will occupy a pivotal position in the Country Office as a central service provider to the three established technical clusters Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, Youth and Adolescents and Gender. The position will also require coordination with other UN entities in the country and outreach to academia and government agencies as well as UNFPA offices elsewhere in the world. You will manage and coach a small team of 4-5 professionals and coordinate closely with the Communications team.
How You Can Make a Difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced university degree in any of the following areas: public health, social sciences, communications.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 7 years of international experience and increasing responsibilities in managing or supporting health and/or social development programmes, preferably reproductive health;
- Demonstrable experience in sourcing state-of the art knowledge, overseeing operational research, and packaging knowledge products for technical audiences;
- Demonstrable experience in sourcing and mobilizing top-notch technical assistance, including through south-south cooperation;
- Demonstrable experience in leading/managing innovation in programming;
- Familiarity with UN development programmes and working procedures, especially UNFPA policies and programming procedures, although not required, is an asset.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
- A willingness to quickly reach proficiency for either language would be acceptable, and a pre-condition possible extension of contract.
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, click "Apply Now" below.