Consultancy – Finance and Administrative Support, Office of the Executive Director (OED)
Contract Type: Consultancy
Closing date: 13 June 2023 05:00 PM (New York time)
Duty station: New York
Duration: 18 August 2023 – 17 July 2024 on initial appointment
Location: New York, USA
Purpose of Consultancy:
Under the supervision of the Chief, Innovation Unit, Office of the Executive Director (OED) with functional reporting to the Chief of the Corporate Performance and Foresight Unit and Coordinator, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Sexual Harassment (PSEAH), the consultant will provide financial and administrative support to the Innovation Unit, Corporate Performance and Foresight Unit and PSEAH team in the areas of consultant and HR recruitment processes, procurement, payment requests, travel coordination, work plan submission in Atlas, preparation of final financial reports, and other tasks outlined below on an "as required" basis.
Scope of Work:
- Provide administrative support for procurement and recruitment activities undertaken by the Innovation Unit, Corporate Performance and Foresight Unit and PSEAH team, including paperwork and payments.
- Process consultants, interns, and incoming personnel payments monthly and/or as needed.
- Undertake logistical, administrative, and financial arrangements for meetings organized by the Innovation Unit, Corporate Performance and Foresight Unit and PSEAH team.
- Support travel arrangements for meetings, including booking tickets, visa applications, Travel Authorization, Travel Requests, Expenditure Reports, Travel Claims and Travel Plans.
- Supporting the development and submission of work plans in Atlas, budget revisions and other budget-related processes, including those migrated to Quantum.
- Supporting the preparation of the final financial reports for the Innovation Unit, Corporate Performance and Foresight Unit and PSEAH team.
- Support any other administrative and financial tasks as required at the Office of the Executive Director as required.
How work will be delivered
This consultancy will be performed at UNFPA headquarters in New York. The Chief of the Innovation Unit, Chief of the Corporate Performance and Foresight Unit and Coordinator, Protection from SEA and SH, will task the consultant. Delivery dates are scheduled according to the respective teams' work plans.
The Chief of the Innovation Unit will conduct ongoing work monitoring in coordination with the Chief of the Corporate Performance and Foresight Unit and Coordinator, Protection from SEA and SH. Regular updates in person and/or in writing will be expected as agreed upon.
Required expertise and qualifications:
- Completion of Secondary level education with additional training in Administration, Finance and Management;
- Five years of relevant experience in the administration: United Nations experience, in particular UNFPA and/or UNDP, is highly desirable;
- The incumbent should have the ability to organize work independently with minimum supervision;
- He/she also has to work productively in a multicultural team and be able to work under pressure, gain support from others and produce quality work;
- Desirable knowledge and experience of working with ERPs such as Oracle/Quantum, Atlas;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Fluency in English is required and knowledge of another United Nations language is an asset.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send a CV and cover letter to Ms. Muntean at email@example.com and cc Mr. Koech at firstname.lastname@example.org with " Finance and Administrative Support consultancy" in the subject line. Late applications will not be considered.
Applicants should have work permit in the USA (US citizen, US permanent resident, or have a valid Employment Authorization issued by the US government).
Note to applicants:
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA via various means or reporting to: http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm.
UNFPA is committed to achieving workforce diversity in gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.