The Resources Mobilization and Partnership Specialist works under the supervision of the Representative and in close collaboration with the Humanitarian Coordinator, Assistant Representative and Operations Manager. S/he will lead office resource mobilization efforts to ensure quality of funding proposals and quality and timeliness of donor reporting, and will contribute to external communication materials for optimizing the office’s resource mobilization capacity and demonstrating “value for money” to donors.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2022-2025), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
In a complex operating environment, you will play a vital role in supporting the Country Office to mobilize resources in support of UNFPA’s Afghanistan humanitarian response to ensure that the health and protection needs of women and girls are met. Working with the senior management team, you will help establish and maintain effective working relationships with partners and donors. You will coordinate donor reporting, including the timely preparation and completion of donor reports, proposals, presentations, briefing papers and will contribute to the CO’s annual report, sitreps, and other communications materials. You will also lead capacity development of the team in result-based reporting, analytical writing and other skills required for quality proposals and donors reporting that are fundamental to the CO’s partnership management, advocacy an
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced university degree in international development studies, social sciences and/or business administration, public administration or other related fields.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 5 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in resource mobilization and partnerships, or other relevant fields;
- Background in planning, reporting and resource mobilization, knowledge of the UN System and in particular UNFPA policies and procedures preferable;
- Track record of preparing high quality donor proposals and reports;
- Strong analytical ability and experience in representing an organization;
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills are necessary in this position;
- Good knowledge of humanitarian response, prior experience in challenging and complex humanitarian response is desirable.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of other official UN languages would be an asset.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.