The post is located in the Latin America and the Caribbean Regional Office based in Panama and is under the supervision of the Regional Director for Latin America and the Caribbean (LACRO). The adviser is a regional member of a global communication team. The adviser supervises other members of the regional communications team (if any). The Regional Director gives strategic guidance and provides primary performance assessment, with inputs from the Media and Communications Branch of the Information and External Relations Division. To ensure accountability and that global communications objectives are met, Communication Adviser’s performance assessment is to receive input from the Chief, Media and Communications Branch.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Advanced university degree in the field of Journalism, Mass Communication, Public Relations or Advertising.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 10 years of experience at national level or eight years at the international level in media/communication, public relations, advertising or public information, with at least a total of five years public relations or information experience. Experience in providing advice to senior management in all matters relating to media, communications, and public information.
- Experience in placement in major media and communication outlets.
- Experience in developing advocacy campaigns and producing and communicating information aimed at influencing public perceptions.
- Proficiency in English and Spanish. Working knowledge of French and/or Portuguese would be an asset.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Ability to work and write well under deadlines, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, negotiation skills, managerial skills required.
- Direct newsroom or public relations experience an advantage.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.