The International Operations Manager (IOM) plays a leading role in supporting the delivery of the UNFPA country programme, which aims to realize the 2030 Agenda in order to make a positive difference in the lives of millions of people. Under the guidance of the Representative, the IOM leads strategic planning for UNFPA operations, setting of management targets, and outsourced services.
The IOM leads a broad portfolio ranging from:
• Finance Management
• Human Resources
• Travel and Logistics
• Common service
• Security of UNFPA premises and staff.
The IOM advises the Representative on course correction; compliance, cost effectiveness; and creative responses to emerging complex challenges.
You are accountable for supporting the effective development and delivery of an innovative Country Programme focused on population and development and universal access to sexual and reproductive health and rights, including maternal health, family planning, gender, and adolescent and youth empowerment.
Through delivery of effective programmes, including in emergency settings, you serve on the frontline, supporting the organization’s ability to deliver high quality results. Your ultimate accountability is to the people that you serve; the most vulnerable, excluded, or marginalized and for the causes that you serve; human rights, sustainable development and humanitarian relief.
Applicable to Regional International Operations Manager Only:
Regional International Operations Managers will work within the increased complexity of a regional context, with larger teams and greater oversight of processes to manage from an operational perspective. In the absence of the HR Strategic Partner you will also deputise for HR related issues.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced degree from an accredited university in any of the following disciplines: Public Administration or Business Administration, Economics, Management or other related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
• 7 years of experience in development in a governmental, multilateral or civil society organization in a multi-cultural setting, including 3 or more years’ experience in managing teams in a complex organizational setting.
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients, focus on impact and result, and respond positively to feedback.
• Solid knowledge in procurement, financial and human resources management, contract, asset, and information and communication technology.
• Ability to lead business process re-engineering, to implement new systems, and to positively affect staff behavioural/ attitudinal changes.
• Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting, formulation and monitoring of projects/programmes.
• Experience in international development and dedication to the principles of the United Nations.
• Field experience is essential; humanitarian context is an asset.
• Demonstrated ability to sustain and advance current partnerships.
• Demonstrated ability to provide strategic vision and focus by successfully communicating and implementing priorities based on clear deliverables.
• Demonstrated ability to take responsibility for team decisions, providing the rationale as appropriate.
• Demonstrated ability to provide team managers with the needed direction to achieve results and hold them accountable.
Fluency in English and French is required.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.