PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS OPEN ONLY TO NATIONALS OF SENEGAL.
Applicants who have previously applied need not re-apply.
As a member of the Client Services & Outreach Branch serving the Regional and Country Offices, you
will be coordinating/administering the recruitment of locally recruited staff and supporting the HR
Business Partner (HRBP) and the Regional HR Specialist in delivering high-quality HR services and
programs to clients in the Regional Office and in Country Offices.
You will report to the HR Business Partner.
The HR Analyst, Client Services will be responsible for coordinating/administering the recruitment of staff
in the region and for supporting the Regional HR Team in the delivery and flawless execution of HR
services and programmes to field-based managers and staff focusing on HR analytics, metrics and HR
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced degree from an accredited university in human resources, business administration, public
administration or related discipline.
Knowledge and Experience:
● Two years of relevant work experience in human resources with focus on recruitment and/or HR client
● Knowledge of HR policies and their application in the employment life cycle;
● Ability to understand the HR service needs of the business units;
● Proficiency with recruitment and HR systems/software applications;
● Strong analytical skills and mastery current office software;
● Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment;
● Excellent communication skills, including experience in drafting reports and preparing presentations;
● Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential information;
● Proven ability to work with senior management and to work in project teams;
● Strong collaboration and team skills.
Fluency in English is required; knowledge of other official UN languages, preferably French and/or
Spanish, is desirable.
WARNING TO APPLICANTS: UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training,
interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you
have received a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that
emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to
apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web. Should you feel that you have
received a fraudulent notice, letter or offer that makes use of the name or logo of UNFPA, you may
submit a report through the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
Notice to applicants: In accordance with the rules of the United Nations, persons applying to posts in the
international Professional category, who hold permanent resident status in a country other than their
country of nationality, are required to renounce such status upon their appointment. Exceptions to this
rule are very limited and can be made only for: (a) stateless persons; (b) newly appointed staff members
who have applied for citizenship by naturalization, when such citizenship will be granted imminently; (c)
acting staff members in the General Service and related categories with permanent residency status, on
promotion to the Professional category; (d) staff members appointed under a temporary appointment.
Please understand that UNFPA is not in a position to provide advice on or assistance in applying for any
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.