The Humanitarian Access Specialist will be responsible for guiding UNFPA’s humanitarian access systems and protocols in line with humanitarian principles, humanitarian needs and duty of care to ensure continuity in UNFPA’s health and protection services for women and girls.
S/he will report to UNFPA Representative.
You will work in a highly complex operating environment and be responsible for working with the different programme teams/thematic areas, to oversee humanitarian access for UNFPA’s humanitarian response, focused on meeting the health and protection needs of Afghan women and girls. You will support the country office management to make informed and strategic decisions related to humanitarian access, working in close collaboration with the Security Specialist, as well as Heads of Area Offices and thematic teams.
Qualifications and Experience
• Advanced university degree ( Master’s or higher) in Political Science, Conflict Management, Security Management or related disciplines;
• A first-level university degree (Bachelor) in combination with nine (9) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Knowledge and Experience:
• At least 7 years of relevant progressively responsible experience in the field of humanitarian programmes, some of which should focus on humanitarian access.
• Experience in managing humanitarian access.
• Understanding of local context, dynamics and access limitations.
• Commitment to UNFPA’s mandate, including gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
• Understanding of humanitarian principles
• Practical and professional experience in the military, police or humanitarian work.
• Ability to deliver briefings and analysis.
• Demonstrated willingness and ability to travel to the field whenever necessary.
• Experience working in complex humanitarian contexts; experience in Afghanistan strongly preferred.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.