Two positions to be filled.
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator as part of the 2gether 4 SRHR Unit, the Programme Specialist will provide support to advance regional efforts to strengthen SRHR outcomes through i) coordinating efforts in partnership with regional United Nations entities and stakeholders, ii) Providing technical assistance to regional partners and countries to strengthen country responses on SRHR, iii) Developing and disseminating knowledge products to further advance the evidence on SRHR in the region.
The 2gether 4 SRHR Programme is a joint United Nations Regional Programme that brings together the combined efforts of UNAIDS, UNFPA, UNICEF and WHO to improve the sexual and reproductive health and rights of all people in East and Southern Africa, in particular adolescents and young people, women of reproductive age, men, key populations, and people affected by crisis.
The goal of the second phase of 2gether 4 SRHR is to contribute towards the attainment of the SRHR-related targets of the SDGs 3 (Health and Wellbeing and SDG 5 (Gender Equality and empowerment), through:
- Strengthening the legal, policy and financial environment to enable beneficiaries to access services and realise their SRHR rights.
- Increasing access to and utilisation of quality, people-centred integrated SRHR services.
- Addressing gender and social norms and behavioural drivers for the realization of SRHR for all.
- Ensuring Resilient health systems and communities are enabled to ensure the continuity of SRHR Services during crises.
The programme specialist will support the efforts of UNFPA, working in collaboration with other UN agencies, to improve reproductive health commodity security through expanding the availability and range of high-quality reproductive health commodities, strengthen health systems and services; build the capacity of countries and providers to deliver safe care; advocating for an enabling environment at global, national and community levels so that people can exercise their SRH rights.
Qualifications and Experience:
Advanced university degree (Masters Level) in Social Sciences, International Development, International Relations or related field
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 5years progressive professional work experience in programme/project management and coordination especially in the area of SRHR
- Knowledge in policy formulation, research, advocacy with previous experience working on comprehensive abortion care is an advantage.
- Strong track record in programme management, coordination and partnerships;
- Strong knowledge of monitoring and evaluation, in particular results-based management and reporting, is required.
- Experience in undertaking mid-term reviews and end of project evaluations is an asset.
- Experience in supporting the strategic information activities and peer accountability mechanisms for results.
- Experience in the use of quantitative and qualitative methodologies to document programme results.
- Experience in developing and facilitating participatory, competency based trainings
- strong computer literacy skills, knowledge of office software packages, and web based management systems
Fluency in English; knowledge of other official UN languages is desirable.
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, click "Apply Now" below.