The Programme Specialist is located in Egypt Country Office. The Programme Specialist reports directly to the Representative, working in close collaboration with Assistant Representative. S/he plays a leadership role in coordinating, overseeing and managing Sexual Reproductive Health component programmes of the CO.
S/He provides leadership and technical support to the implementation of the coordinated work plans for strengthening capacities in the provision of quality, integrated and rights-based SRH, Family Planning, including for youth and increasing demand for informed and voluntary family planning products for women and men of reproductive age.
S/He leads the SRH team of the EU funded Project and works in close collaboration with national authorities, civil society organizations, private sector as well as development agencies to promote and mainstream the work achieved by the EU supported project.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
In UNFPA CO in Egypt and in the context of the implementation of the 10th and 11th Country Programmes, you will play a vital role in the UNFPA Country Office by providing quality technical and programming support, guidance and advice to the Reproductive Health project’s team, by ensuring knowledge building, sharing , management, learning, and developing Reproductive Heath capacities of Egypt CO, as well as those of national counterparts, when necessary.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced Degree or equivalent in public health, medicine, sociology, demography, economics, international relations, international development, public administration, management, public Health or other related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Specific training in Reproductive Health and Gender will be an asset.
- Seven years of relevant and increasingly responsible experience in managing RH or health programmes, of which at least three years national and/or international experience in advising on SRH programmes RH commodities, health systems and supply management;
- General knowledge of the principles and operational aspects of integrated SRH care;
- Interpersonal and communication skills for the dissemination of information and advocacy activities;
- Familiarity with UN development programmes and working procedures, especially UNFPA policies and programming procedures, an asset.
- Proven skills in writing proposals in sexual and reproductive health and family planning are essential.
Fluency in English language is required and any other UN Language
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.