The Programme Specialist, Operational Support and Quality Assurance Branch (OSQAB) in the Policy and Strategy Division (PSD) is based at UNFPA Headquarters and reports to the Chief, OSQAB. The post will contribute to the work of PSD in planning and programming, results-based management (RBM), programme standards and processes, as well as monitoring, evaluation and reporting. In particular, the post will be responsible for strengthening business processes and systems for increased availability and use of information, data and evidence for programme performance monitoring and measurement.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The Programme Specialist in OSQAB will develop business processes for programme performance measurement and monitoring in the context of the ICPD Programme of Action and UNFPA Strategic Plan. S/he will support programme portfolio analysis, develop and use strategic information analysis and evidence for new policies, programmatic interventions, and/or any remedial actions required.
- Programme performance measurement and monitoring
- Programme portfolio analysis
- Capacity development and knowledge sharing
Qualifications and Experience:
Advanced university degree or equivalent in management, international relations, demography, economics, or other related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 7 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in the field of programme management, organizational performance monitoring and measurement.
- Experience of responsibility in collection and/or analysis of socioeconomic or public health data;
- Knowledge of and proven experience in development programming, including programme and financial management, and RBM principles;
- Excellent communication skills in speaking and writing in English;
- Involvement in and understanding of UN intergovernmental and interagency systems would be and asset; and
- Proven UNFPA field experience is a strong asset.
Fluency in English is required; knowledge of other official UN languages is an asset.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.