Under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager, the Programme Coordinator plays the leading role in the coordination, convening and implementation of the 2gether 4 SRHR programme. The Programme Coordinator is overall accountable for (1) convening of coordination meetings for the 2gether 4 SRHR programme, (2) managing the development of the annual work plans and budget, the development of annual and mid-year progress reports, (3) Overseeing programme implementation drawing on the implementation of the Joint Programme. (4) regional advocacy, representation and communication. The Programme Coordinator will also supervise team members as assigned by the Programme Manager.
The 2gether 4 SRHR Programme is a joint United Nations Regional Programme that brings together the combined efforts of UNAIDS, UNFPA, UNICEF and WHO to improve the sexual and reproductive health and rights of all people in East and Southern Africa, in particular adolescents and young people, women of reproductive age, men, key populations, and people affected by crisis.
The goal of the second phase of 2gether 4 SRHR is to contribute towards the attainment of the SRHR-related targets of the SDGs 3 (Health and Wellbeing and SDG 5 (Gender Equality and empowerment), through:
- Strengthening the legal, policy and financial environment to enable beneficiaries to access
services and realise their SRHR rights.
- Increasing access to and utilisation of quality, people-centred integrated SRHR services.
- Addressing gender and social norms and behavioural drivers for the realization of SRHR for all.
- Ensuring Resilient health systems and communities are enabled to ensure the continuity of
SRHR Services during crises.
As the Programme Coordinator you will be responsible for effective coordination of programme implementation under the Delivering as One Modality.
Qualifications and Experience:
Advanced university degree (Masters Level) in Public Health, Social Sciences, International Development, International Relations or related field
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 7 years progressive professional work experience in SRHR including humanitarian and peace context settings.
- Strong track record in programme management, management of high performing teams, monitoring and evaluation with a focus on results-based monitoring, financial management, and proven ability to produce demonstrable results;
- Proven experience in managing complex partnerships, in particular results-based management and reporting, is required.
- Experience in applying regional approaches to strengthen national outcomes beneficial.
- Strong skills in managing interpersonal relationships, and team work.
- Knowledge and previous experience in the UN system, UNDG policies relating to joint programmes and managing the implementation of joint programmes an advantage.
- Experience in usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling web based management systems
Fluency in English; knowledge of other official UN languages is desirable.
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, click "Apply Now" below.